Friday, October 21, 2011

10/21 Day 4 Photos of the Day - Rust



So, taking some photographs around my parents house I realized that all of the things I found interesting to photograph where rusted.  I guess I find rust inherently interesting.  Knowing that at one time it was a shiny metal object and now it has decayed to something, though perhaps less useful, is more interesting to me.  

Both pictures were taken with my Nikon D3100 with the 18-55 mm kit lens and a UV filter.  I did some very mild light adjustments in Aperture.  I don't like doing too much post production on my pictures, but I am kind of feeling my way through Aperture. 

I found the lock particularly interesting.  I'm not sure exactly what I think it symbolizes, but I found the idea of a device that was buried in the ground, still locked, but slowly being unlocked not with a key, but with time.  

My nephew Blake actually dug it up in my parents back yard.  








This well pump is actually in my parents side yard and no longer works.


No comments:

Post a Comment